Silicon Valley Shakespeare needs YOU! Our volunteers assist in many areas, on performance nights and throughout the year, including:
- Performance nights: Ushering, concessions, audience services, house management
- Production support: Set construction, costume construction, general assistance on pre-production volunteer days
- Year-round support: Help with graphic design, event planning, fundraising, marketing
Join us, and help make the SVS experience better for everyone! Every little bit you do helps.
To get started:
- Email our Managing Director, Emily Pennington, to let her know how you’d like to be involved.
- Sign up for our Mailing List and specify that you would like to volunteer. We’ll keep you current on all opportunities to join us.
Ushers and Concessions help needed!
Volunteering on performance nights is a great way to help others enjoy the show, and for you to at the same time!
- Ushers hand out programs, take tickets (at Sanborn plays), count attendees (at free Park plays), and help with seating set up (at Sanborn). We also have a Royal Usher, exclusively assisting our royal seating patrons at Sanborn plays.
- Concessions volunteers help serve concessions and sell merchandise before the show and during intermission, handle money, and help with setup and cleanup of the audience services tents.
If you’re interested, please contact Emily Pennington.
Work Behind the Scenes
Got a talent for sewing, painting, swinging a hammer, or wielding a wrench? Come and assist us with building our productions! No prior theatre experience is required. High school and college students are especially encouraged to take advantage of this career building opportunity. For more information, email Artistic Director Angie Higgins.