A Midsummer Night’s Dream (All-female cast) directed by Cindy Weisberg
- Seeking female/female-identifying actors of all ages and ethnicities.
Macbeth directed by Melinda Marks
- Seeking actors of all gender, age, and ethnicity.
The White Snake by Mary Zimmerman/directed by Angie Higgins
- Seeking Asian actors for principal characters and ensemble/multi-character track roles of any age and gender. Seeking all ethnicities for ensemble roles, any age or gender.
Saturday, January 19th, 12pm-4pm
Sunday, January 20th, 5pm-8pm
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
What to bring:
- Please prepare two contrasting monologues up to 4 minutes long, combined. At least one monologue must be by William Shakespeare. If auditioning for The White Snake only, monologues may be by any playwright.
- Bring your resume, headshot, and calendar to list conflicts. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to complete the necessary paperwork.
CLICK HERE to sign up for auditions.
Audition Location: The Armory – 240 North Second Street, San Jose, CA 95112 (Meter parking is available on the surrounding streets. Street parking is free on Sundays. Auditions are on the 2nd floor.)
Callback dates: Callbacks are by invitation only.
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream: February 2nd, 1:00pm-4:30pm
- Macbeth and The White Snake: February 9th, 11:30am-5:30pm
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream performs at Willow Street Park in San Jose, June 7th – June 23rd (Rehearsals begin April 29th).
- Macbeth and The White Snake perform in repertory at Sanborn-Skyline County Park in Saratoga, July 26th – September 1st (Rehearsals begin June 10th).
Acting stipend is $200 per production. Further financial assistance may be available to actors commuting from outside Silicon Valley.
A limited number of unpaid Acting Internships will be available for emerging artists attending college or who have recently graduated high school. Acting interns will participate in professional mentoring as well as be cast in a production.
For more information on Silicon Valley Shakespeare visit: www.svshakespeare.org
INNOVATE * ILLUMINATE * INSPIRE
We also attend the Theatre Bay Area General Auditions every January and/or South Bay Regional Auditions every June. For more information, visit Theatre Bay Area.
All roles are available. Some actors may be cast in multiple plays. An honorarium of $200 per show is paid to all actors. An additional travel allowance may be available to actors traveling from outside Santa Clara County.
A limited number of unpaid Acting Internships are available each season for emerging artists who are attending college or have recently graduated high school. Acting interns participate in professional mentoring as well as being cast in a production. Learn more about our casting policies here.
Regular rehearsals are held on weeknights, with specific call times at the director’s discretion and informed by actor availability. Typically, regular rehearsals begin no earlier than 6pm and conclude no later than 10pm. Some productions may feature special full-day rehearsals on Saturdays and/or briefer Saturday fight, dance, or music calls, as needed.
Schedule information specific to each production is provided to actors in advance, on a show-by-show basis. Actors are called only as needed, so not all actors are called for every rehearsal. Rehearsals are held either at The Armory in downtown San Jose or at the performance venue.