Innovate • Illuminate • Inspire
Silicon Valley Shakespeare invigorates the classics through innovative, relevant theatrical experiences that illuminate and inspire modern audiences.
Breathe new life into classic works through unique, vibrant, and compelling interpretations, to keep theatre relevant for modern audiences.
Shed new light on the classics to open eyes, expand minds, and foster a love of theatre in our fast-paced, high-tech community. We provide high-quality, affordable theatrical experiences, and educational programs to reach a diverse audience and build a new generation of theatregoers.
Create art that touches people personally, reflects the world in which we live, and inspires people to play a role in the arts community as an artist, audience member, donor, or volunteer.
Our Core Programs
- Summer Repertory – produce two affordably ticketed Shakespeare, classics, or classics-inspired plays in Sanborn Park in Saratoga each summer (22 performances).
- Free Shakespeare in the Park – produce one Shakespeare play, free to the public, at Willow Street Park in San José each spring (11 performances).
- Education program – provide a summer camp for kids, workshops, assemblies, and after school programs to over 2,000 students in local schools, and an immersive internship program for local high school and college students to develop professional skills.
- Special events including an annual 48-Hour Play Festival of new works, in partnership with a local college or university.
Silicon Valley Shakespeare is committed to fiscal and social responsibility, transparency, and sustainable business practices. The following are our various corporate policies and most recent financial information.
- Code of Ethics
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Whistle Blower Policy
- Gift Acceptance Policy
- 2013 990-EZ
- IRS Determination Letter
Silicon Valley Shakespeare (a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization) is supported by many wonderful volunteers who do everything from set and costume production, to fundraising, concession sales, and much more.
Our audience ranges from long-time theatre lovers to families with young children experiencing theatre for the first time. We hope you join the SVS family by volunteering, donating, or simply enjoying a show.